For immediate release: December 7th, 2022
For more information contact:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 5
December 7th Enhancements Notification
Important Information For TeamSideline Customers
TeamSideline will implement the final 2022 Release of system enhancements this Wednesday night, December 7th. If you have any feedback, please email email@example.com. If you have questions about how something is done, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Registration Program
Many TeamSideline customer organizations open registration for programs that they only want to be available to people who previously participated in a program. Then after the previous participants have had a chance to register, the organization opens up registration to the general public. To enable a clean way of handling this process we are deploying "Private Programs" so Site Administrators can easily send links to previous participants to register while the program is hidden to the general public. When you are ready to open the program up, simply click the visibility icon to be green and it will be available to all. Here is how you can set it up:
- Create a Program and make sure the Offering registration dates on the 2 Configuration tab are set to be open (ie. Start Date is >= today).
- Also on the 2 Configuration tab, scroll down to the bottom and click the Add Access button to create an Access Code to use with this Program.
- Make sure the visibility eyeball for the Program is red (not visible).
- Create an email under Communications > Send Communication.When you get to the 2nd step, in the email message area use the Links dropdown to select the Program Access Code you setup (click the triangle next to Program Access then click the triangle for your code).
- Send your email out and your select group of customers will be able to click on the link and signup before anyone else can.
Give this a try and if you need help, send an email to email@example.com so our support team can help you.
“Age As Of” Improvement
When adding an Offering with an Age As Of date to either “Warn” or “Prevent” parents from putting their children into the wrong Age Division, now you can simply use an Age Range of the specific ages you want to limit. Enter “5 – 6” for five to six year olds, “8 – 9” for eight to nine year olds, and so on. You can choose to set “Warn” or “Prevent” by Age Group.
Max $ Per Family Discount
You can set a Max $ Per Family dollar amount for larger families to cap the amount the family is charged when registering all of their players into a registration program. We’ve also enhanced the descriptive text for this feature to help ensure it is used correctly.
Admin Communication Email Filter
Admins will now be able to filter by email address for any email sent through your site in the Communication Log (Communications > Communication Logs). Once you have clicked on the Subject of the email, scroll down and enter the email address you are looking for in the To Address field.
If you use the option to categorize your Programs, you will find the ability to add or reorganize your Categories has move to the Programs > Manage Programs page. Just click the Categories button to make any adjustments. Want to organize your Programs into Categories? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add this functionality to your site.
Adding Jersey # to Stats Entry
To help with the adding of Stats for your players, we have enabled the viewing of the Jersey # on a division’s Stats Entry page (Note: this is not available for scheduling only sites). Here are the steps to make this available for you and your staff:
- When you setup a registration program, add Jersey Number, Jersey #, Shirt Number, or Shirt # as an Enrollment field for your players to fill out as then enroll (https://view.vzaar.com/8629778/video).
- On the 1 Configuration > Display page for any division, set Show Jersey Number to Yes.This field can also be updated by our Premium sites using the Update Multiple Divisions button on the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions page.And set as a default for any new division at Schedules > Configurations > Sport Defaults.
- Once this field is set to Yes, when you click the Edit Stats button on the Standings page of a division and edit a game, the Jersey # will display for each player when you are entering their game stats.
- For Premium sites, if you have enabled your coaches to enter stats on the Schedules > Configurations > General page then they will also see the Jersey # displayed when they edit a game and enter the stats.
Your TeamSideline Site comes with a Game Scroller you can configure in many ways to display upcoming Games on your Home Page – sort of a “Ticker” of upcoming games. Due to customer requests, we are adding a Score Ticker we are calling the Score Scoller to show scores and other information about recent games. It is configurable like the Game Scroller at the Content > Configurations > General page.
Advanced Game Scheduling Odd Team Configurations
Our Standard Scheduling system has had configurations for Odd Team Divisions for years. Now our Advanced Scheduling system, which automatically schedules games for Teams at their Home locations, will enable you to select if you want a Division with an odd number of teams to either A) have a Bye for one Team each week or B) have two games for one Team each week so All Teams Play Every Week (no teams have a bye).
Advanced Game Scheduling Templates
We have rolled out our Standard Scheduling Template feature to the Advanced Scheduling system to save you more time when trying to schedule a particular scenario. Create the Schedule, save it as a Template to your library of schedule Templates. You can then grab that schedule in the future when creating a game schedule for a Division with the same configurations as the Template division.
Total Teams Playing Every Week
Responding to popular demand, the Create Schedule page Games Per Week Distribution table now includes a Total Teams Playing row. Now in addition to seeing how many games each Team has per week, you can see the total number of Team Games as well. This is helpful when creating complex schedules and you want to be able to easily track the total number of games from one week to another.
New Tie Breaker – Total Wins
A new Tie Breaker called Total Wins has been added as another option for your scheduling preferences. To enable this Tie Breaker, go to the 1 Configuration > Scoring page of a division and first change Standings Method to Bypass and then in the Standings Calculation Configuration section, select Total Wins as one of your Tie Breakers (Note: always make sure you have Coin Toss as your final Tie Breaker in case none of the other options can break the tie between your teams).
Imports Made Easier
The Enrollee Registration Import phone number logic has been enhanced to be able to accept any phone number format. Meanwhile, another big change is adding the Customer ID to the Parent Customer Field Import to significantly increase the accuracy of updating accounts (such as phone numbers) when using this import.
Page Content Editing Made Easy!
If you would like a quicker/easier way to edit your content pages, go to Content > Configurations > General and change Enable Edit Links to Yes. Now if you are logged in as an admin and are on a public page that you have created, you will see an edit icon appear on the left of the page when you are hovering over the page. Click that edit icon and go straight to Content > Page Edit to make your page adjustments. (Note: this is currently available for Custom Pages only but we will be extending this functionality to many other content areas in the future).
Image Rotator Speed
You can now adjust the speed at which the Image Rotator displays on your public home page. Go to Content > Configurations > General and adjust the Time Interval field to one of the different options – 3 seconds is the default speed.
Content > Assets – New Repository for Images and Documents
You will now notice a new option under Content called Assets. This new functionality allows you to review and manage (add or delete) the images and documents you have uploaded to your site. These images and documents can be accessed when you create Content pages (via the Links/Assets option) or send out emails (via the Image Manager or Document Manager). Note: use this functionality for publicly accessible images and documents only - don't put private files here!!
Copy A Content Page
Are you one of those customers who has asked us if you could copy a page to use it as a template to make other pages? Now you can! Go to Content > Page Edit, select the page you want to copy from the Page to Edit dropdown, and click the Copy Page button. Enter in the New Page Name and click the Copy button. A new Standalone Page has now been created that you can further edit and/or go to Content > Configuration > Site Pages to move the new page to your menu structure.
We are making a concerted effort to enhance the Facility Reservation throughout the new year.
- In this release, the overall Facility Reservation public view gets a facelift.
- From the Administrative side, an Admin can add recurring reservations to any Facility in addition to all of the other bells and whistles in place today.
- Administrators can also now create different availability for the public versus the Administrators.This enables for example a public display of a batting cage being available from 2:00 to 5:00 while Administrators can see availability for organization members from 9:00 to 8:00.
- From a reporting perspective, there is a new dashboard for the module as well – so you can easily view Approved or PendingReservations, can quickly go to a specific reservation to view or change the reservation status.
- On the public Locations page, if you have added additional details in the More Information field they will automatically display for each location. Just look for the icon underneath each location.
Reprinting a Customer Order Receipt
If you need to reprint a customer’s order receipt, you can do this on the Account Overview page for the customer by clicking the green computer icon for any order. If your site has a Portal Badge uploaded (Content > Configurations > Site Images), this image will be used at the top of the order confirmation now instead of the TeamSideline logo.
We have implemented multiple requested changes to our reporting options.
- Team Information Report (Reports > Report Exports) – the ability to select specific multiple Leagues vs just one or all.You can even start typing a word in the League dropdown and the list will start filtering on that word.
- Enrollment Dashboard (Reports > Report Dashboards) – you can now select Account Balance as an Additional Column for your searches.
- Game Dashboard (Reports > Report Dashboards) enables you to select a list of all games for a League, then easily filter by Division(s), Home or Away Team, and Location.Using the Options dropdown on each game row, you can quickly link to Rosters, Game Schedules, and Officials Assignments.It’s an easy to use Dashboard to see all games, officials assignments and rosters for all of your Leagues.
Please note that the downtime period to enable these enhancements will be from 10:00pm – 1:00am (Pacific) on Wednesday night, December 7th.
Thank you for using TeamSideline!
Direct: (916) 822-4800
Toll Free Support: (888) 953-2483 Ext. 5