For immediate release: October 9th, 2023
For more information contact:
Cassi Ponzo at (916) 760-8534 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 9
October 9th Enhancements Notification
Important Information For TeamSideline Customers
TeamSideline will implement the next set of 2023 Enhancements in our Release this Monday night, October 9th. We have highlighted some of the key features and changes but you may notice other improvements throughout the site thanks to suggestions from admins like you.
Admin Site Map
The Admin User Interface has a new look! The first thing you will notice when you login after this release is a more modern feel of your Admin Site Map. The main menu is now located on the left-hand side of the page and you will have access to the functions you need more easily. We will continue updates to the Admin Site Map through a phased approach over the next few releases.
Training Video Refresh
We are excited to introduce an improved video library that includes a complete refresh of all our existing help videos. This refresh includes videos with updated information, improved quality, and accessibility for more users. We will continue to add new videos to this library as we add new features to our platform.
Team Site Sync
We've enhanced the Team Site linkage for our Individual Registration Programs (Youth, Adult, and Youth & Adult) to help simplify life for our busy Admins. This is a big “behind the scenes” project that our dev team has taken on.
What does this mean? Any updates made to an organization site’s customer account, whether adding an additional parent or changing an email address, will now automatically reflect on the linked Team Site. These updates will occur even if the Team Site is already published. Remember, this is a one-way sync – update the organization site and the team site will be updated. If you update the team site, the update will not flow back to the organization site and your customer’s account.
This update is only for Individual Registration Team Sites created after this current software release goes live – the change is not retroactive to previously created team sites. These Team Site changes for Team Registration types will be included in a future release.
Multi-Team Coach Scheduling Enhancement
Admins now have the option of enabling the Multi-Team Coach (MTC) functionality to check across sports or only look with the same sport. Go to Schedules > Configurations > General, scroll down and in the Multi-Team Coach section, adjust the Scope field to what you prefer for your site.
Advanced Scheduling Enhancement
For our Advanced Scheduling customers, admins can now go to the 3 Time Slots tab for your division and select Latest for the Assign Type field. This new option is in addition to Earliest and Random that are currently available.
Coach Sign-In Division Contact Info
Part of our Premium package is the ability to enable coaches defined on the 2 Teams page of a division to login and access different pieces of information - Coach Sign-In Capabilities. Now admins can choose to display (or not display) the other division coach contact information by toggling the Show Division Contacts field.
- On the Communications > Send Communication page, each admin can now send a message to an individual email address added right at the top of the page. Click the Add Contact button to add the person quickly to your email distribution list. Once you do this, you have now created a Personal Contact List. You can manage this private list (your own personal list!) at Communications > Custom Contact Lists.
- If your organization is using Associated Organizations (ie. multiple parishes/schools/etc) to help manage the admins on your site, now when an email is sent from an admin limited to an Associated Organization, the Friendly Name the email is sent from will be that specific Associated Organization.
We have added in several admin requested enhancements in the reporting area.
- For the Volleyball Scoresheet, a Location dropdown has been added so an admin can further refine what they want to print out.
- Added a Baseball Scoresheet modeled off of the current Softball Scoresheet. You can make specific rule updates at Reports > Configurations > Customize by selecting Baseball Scoresheet from the dropdown and editing each “Rule” option. Give it a try for your next league play.
- Building out on the new Player Grade enhancement, we have added this field (ie. Player Grade) as an Additional Field available on the Enrollments Dashboard under Reports > Report Dashboards.
- For the Enrollment Information report, the Assignment - Division Name and Assignment – Team Name fields have been populated for Team Registration plus Roster Registration programs.
- For the Officials Assignments report, we have added the Primary Phone field so now an admin can quickly report out the phone number for their officials.
- For the Admin Activity Log report, we have added User Email Address which is the email address of the admin making these particular changes.
Deploying Mail Merge Documents to the Team Sites
In our release earlier this summer, we enabled the ability for imported files like Birth Certificates to be printed in a readable format within a Mail Merge document. Now when you deploy those Mail Merge documents to your team sites, your coaches will also be able to view the imported files (the last paragraph in this article - Mail Merge Reports).
New Minimalist Stretched Background Option
The Minimalist Stretched Background has a new option to have your page elements stretch fully across the screen with no padding. To turn this on, go to Content > Configurations > Site Layout and for Control Background make sure to click the Stretched option and then the Save button. Now you can go to Content > Configurations > Home Page Layout and for the desired component, click the pencil icon and change the Show Side Padding to No and click the Save button.
Earlier this summer we let you know that when you test an address on your visual boundary (Programs > Configurations > Boundaries > Visual Boundary), a red pin will display for the location. This makes it so much easier to know if the address is in or out of the boundary that has been setup for your site.
Now we have added this same functionality to the public boundary page you can add to your site. Check out this article if you would like to add this page to your public TeamSideline site - How to Add Boundary Map.
The Roster Import has been enhanced so an admin can include “Roster” custom fields in their import file and have this information added to each player. To run this import, go to Administration > Import Data and click on Roster Import link to get started. Please keep in mind that this particular import is for Scheduling only sites and sites that are using Team Registration only programs.
Please note that the downtime period to enable these enhancements will be from 10:00pm – 1:00am (Pacific) on Monday night, October 9th.
Thank you for using TeamSideline!
Direct: (916) 760-8534
Toll Free Support: (888) 953-2483 Ext. 9