Recurring Payment Plans are available if your organization is using WePay as your credit card gateway and the functionality has been added to your site.
Note: If you have setup a payment plan for your program offerings, only credit cards will be available during the customer's online purchase meaning that even if you setup that checks are an option on your site, payment plans only use credit cards.
Recurring Payment Plans can be setup in two ways:
- Individually for each Program Offering:
- Once you have created your new program, on the 1 Setup page set Multiple Payments = Payment Plans and click the Save button.
- Note: If you do not see Payment Plans as an option, you do not have Payment Plans set up on your site. Contact support@teamsideline to add Payment Plans to your site.
- Click on the 2 Configuration tab then click the Payment Plan Setup button.
- Select an Offering from the dropdown list.
- Select the Total # of Payments from the dropdown list.
- Enter the 1st Payment amount (this is paid by the customer at the time of registration).
- Select the Frequency, either Monthly or Custom (Custom allows you to set specific payment dates).
- Adjust the amounts and Payment Dates as needed.
- Click the Save button.
- Now when the customer is enrolling, they can choose to either use the Payment Plan you have defined or pay the full amount of the order.
- Now on each specified date, the customer's credit card will be automatically charged the amount you have setup.
Note: If you need to postpone a Payment Plan, you will need to cancel the Payment Plan using the steps here. Editing the Payment Plan dates will only affect future registrants opting in for Payment Plans and will not affect current Payment Plans.
- By an admin for a customer with an existing balance:
- Go to your customer's Account Overview page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Add Payment Plan button.
- Select the Plan Type.
- Type in the Total Amount.
- Set the First Payment date.
- Select How Many Payments.
- The Monthly Amount will be calculated for you.
- Type in the Credit Card Information.
- Now on each specified date, the customer's credit card will be charged the amount you have setup.