January 29th Enhancements
Important Information For TeamSideline Customers
TeamSideline will implement the first set of 2024 Enhancements in a Release of system changes Monday, January 29th. We have highlighted some of the key features and changes, but you may notice other improvements throughout the site thanks to suggestions from Administrators like you.
Dynamic Team Site Roster Integration Is Here!
With this Release, any Team Roster changes Admins make after a Team Site has been published from your Site will automatically be reflected in the Team Site. This is true for all individual registration types (Youth, Adult, Youth/Adult). Team registration types will be added to this dynamic integration in a future release.
Easily Add Single Games Using A New “Single Games" Division Type
For Organizations that need Scheduling Divisions with an easy way to just add single events for games and tournaments for Travel or Competitive Teams, after this Release you can select a "Single Games" Division Type when you add a Division from the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions page. With a Single Games Division, you can easily customize the opponent or tournament names, add any start and end time for an event, or add a TBD event – and quickly edit the events if there are changes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have this new division type added to your site.
Game Numbers Can Save You Time!
Some organizations find it faster to communicate with officials and coaches by having a game number display for every single game. Then you can refer to the game number instead of the date, time and opponents involved – game numbers make communication much easier. If you like to refer to your division games by their assigned Game Number, you can now search for a specific game at Schedules > Search. To see any Game Number on the Standings page, go to 1 Configuration > Display for any division and change Show Game Number to Yes. You can also enable this field for a new division for any specific sport at Schedules > Configurations > Sport Defaults page. For our Premium customers, you can update more than one division at a time by using the Update Multiple Divisions button on the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions page. Interested in Premium? Upsell opportunity?
The Coach Sign In configuration section now has a Practice configuration that enables you to allow Coaches to add, update, or remove practices after you have created a default Practice Schedule from the Leagues & Divisions page.
In addition, the Team Site find schedule function now includes the ability for Teams to link their Team to practice schedules in addition to games. This can be done from the Team Site Events page Find Schedule function - https://support.teamsideline.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004515463.
Automatic Game Change Communications For Officials
The Schedule Change Email can now be configured to list the name of the officials impacted next to the game being cancelled -- so Officials can easily know which cancelled games in the cancellation email are theirs. Just make sure you change Include Officials to Yes on the 1 Configuration > Communication field of your division(s).
Reposition Teams and Rosters Across Divisions and Now Leagues
From the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions > Reposition Teams page, you can now move Teams from a Division in one League to another Division in a different League -- and have Rosters will move as well. Click the link for this article for more details - https://support.teamsideline.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005976446.
Game Scoring Lock
For organizations who have asked to be able to lock scoring for Coaches after a certain number of days, there is now a configuration to enable you to do this at any Division’s 1 Configuration > Scoring page.
A new Scoresheet is available for Adult Softball Rosters. Use TeamSideline for online Adult Roster Management to capture waivers online, lock rosters, have full communication lists and more – then your rosters will automatically populate on the Scoresheets.
A new Pickleball Scoresheet is available now too!
Ever want to send a communication from your Site from your phone? Or more easily score games from your phone? You’ll notice a complete redesign of the look and feel the next time you need either process. These functions now recognize you are using your phone and change to neatly fit on your phone. Coming soon you’ll be able to link from the TeamSideline App directly to these Admin functions without having to sign into your Site for a seamless experience – and in the end easier and faster communications and scoring.
Registration and Membership enhancements
- Responding to customer requests we have received, Admins will now be able to have Miscellaneous Debits assigned to specific Programs you choose.
- You can also enable a membership to expire on a specific date no matter when a person joins the membership.
- Is the Inventory you set for a Buy Item in your Site no longer available? Those Buy Items will now gray out (or show out of stock) on the Store or during registration if you have added them as Add-ons.
New Financial Reports
- If you are using our GL Account functionality and have a WePay credit card gateway, we have created a new report called “Settlements by GL – WePay”. This will take each settlement and group the transactions by the GL Accounts that have been configured on your site.
- New Payrix reports will be coming soon that will be modeled off of the currently available WePay reports.
For Organizations with Multiple Associated Organizations
- If you have multiple organizations using your Site, then after this Release we can add a new function to your Site so Associated Organization Athletic Directors (ADs) can search for customer accounts that are part of their Associated Organization and change (transfer/move) them to a different Associated Organization. A big-time saver for large organizations with people or players on the move.
- Here’s a big win for Associated Organization Administrators: Admins associated to specific organizations in your Site can now use the Communication system and your Site will automatically send communications to just recipients associated to the same organization as the Admin.
- Last but not least, we received customer feedback that the total for the Account Balance column in the A/R Aging Detail by Associated Org was making the report hard to read – so we have removed the total for the Account Balance column.
Please note that the downtime period to enable these enhancements will be from 9:00pm – 11:00pm (Pacific) on Monday night, January 29th.
Thank you for using TeamSideline!