For immediate release: May 14th, 2018
For more information contact:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1
May 15th Enhancements Notification
TeamSideline will release our next set of 2018 system enhancements this Tuesday night, May 15th. In addition to the items below, we have made many other improvements throughout the Site thanks to your feedback.
Plus, we have updated the controls we use within our site to not only stay updated with the latest and greatest versions, but to also fix issues reported when using Chrome. If you have more feedback, please email [email protected].
Team Sites for Adult Registration Programs
One of our TeamSideline initiatives for 2018 is to roll out the ability for all registration program types to be able to create Team Sites. Currently, all individual youth registration programs can create Team Sites – with this release, now individual adult registration programs can create Team Sites. Here are the steps to publish Team Sites from your main organization site:
- Before you attempt to publish any Team Sites, go to Programs > Configurations > Team Sites and review each of the configurations so they are all set appropriately.
- Go to Programs > Manage Programs, click on the program name, go to the 4 Rosters tab, and click the Assign to Roster button.
- Once you have completed assigning your players to their team rosters, click on the 5 Team Sites tab.
- If there are players assigned to the team, you will see a green icon under the Team Site column. Click on this icon to create your Team Site.
- Click OK to confirm the publishing of the new Team Site.
- Click on the house icon to go to the new Team Site.
- Note Regarding Adult Registration: Team Sites can be created with no “staff” members (coaches, managers, site coordinators, etc). When a roster member signs in and there are no staff members, they will be prompted to accept the Site Coordinator role. They can click the Promote Me button and instantly become the Site Coordinator – the Site Coordinator can then update the roster and make anyone else a team staff member.
- Now that the Team Site is built, from the 5 Team Sites page you can click the green icons under Practice, Regular, 2nd Half, and Playoff to publish game, practice and playoff schedules to the Team Sites.
Publish Organization Calendar Events on Team Sites
If you are using TeamSideline for either Individual Youth or Adult Registration, now you can publish calendar events created on your main organization site to your Team Sites. Go to Content > Calendar and whether you add or edit an event, change Show on Team Sites to Yes and add in the Program Season information.
Drag and Drop Teams Between Divisions
For divisions that do not have a game schedule created, you can drag and drop teams from one division to another, keeping their rosters and any practice schedule intact. On the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions page, just click on the double arrow icon for any league to go to the new Reposition Teams page. Expand any division by clicking the arrow next to the division’s name. Drag the team from one division to another. Nice and easy!
Schedules > Leagues & Divisions Page Improvement
On the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions page, you can now click the triangle (some call it an arrowhead) icon next to any League name to hide the divisions below it. If you have lots of divisions in your Leagues, this will help so you don’t have to constantly scroll up and down the page. It is a “smart” process – meaning your selections will be remembered the next time you come back to this page -- so it will look just like it did when you last saw it.
Show Division Name on the Game Scroller
When the Upcoming Games Gadget Game Scroller is displaying all of the upcoming games on your home page, the scroller can be confusing if team names in different divisions are the same – for example, you might have the Yankees in the Minors division and also in the Majors division. To resolve this, now you can include the Division name on the Game Scroller to help alleviate this confusion. To turn this feature on, go to Content > Configurations > General and under the Upcoming Games Gadget section, change Show Division to Yes.
Show Official’s Last Name on the Game Scroller
The Officials Module and Upcoming Games Gadget have been enhanced to allow the display of the assigned officials’ last name on the Home Page Game Scroller. To turn this feature on, go to Content > Configurations > General and under the Upcoming Games Gadget section, change Show Officials to Yes. Interested in the Officials Module? Just email [email protected] for more information.
Speaking of the Officials Module…
We’ve added a few other improvements this release for the Officials Module:
- When your Officials login to review their assignments, the Confirmed Assignments will only list their future/upcoming games. If they want to see all of their past games, they can just click the Show All checkbox. This improvement has also been implemented for admins on the Official Overview page – just look in the Assignments table.
- A new report has been added that enables you to report out all of your Officials and what sports, roles, age groups, etc that they have been approved to officiate for. You’ll find this new report under Reports > Report Exports – look for Officials Approved For.
- We have made it easier to add approvals for officials. Admins can create Approved For Profiles on the Schedules > Official Management > Configurations page, adding specific Roles, Level of Play, Age Group, and Gender to make up an Approved For Profile. Once created, go to Schedules > Official Management > Officials and for new or existing officials, click the Add Profile button to quickly add these approvals to any official.
- You will now be able to import in your officials instead of having to add them in individually. Go to Administration > Import Data and look for the Officials Import. Besides clicking on Officials Import to start the process, you will find a PDF that documents the required and optional fields and an example CSV file to help you get started.
- Assigning officials to games will be easier on the Admin Assignments page. Click the League dropdown and select the leagues you want to review. Once selected the Division dropdown will now only show divisions for the leagues you selected. Click the Update button and the list of games to assign will only be for the selections you’ve made.
Master Mail Merge Documents
We are implementing new functionality called Master Mail Merge. We will be able to setup a Master Mail Merge document within our system and link it to individual organizations (ex. Official Little League Medical Release document). On the Reports > Mail Merge page, admins can choose to run the “master” copy or copy the “master” and make your own individual version on your site to change it as needed.
You can now have more control over how your News Items are displayed on your Home Page. Go to Content > Configurations > General and in the News Items section, set the Alignment and Min Height options. This feature enables you to eliminate the vertical space that can appear between News Items when you have more than 3 or 4 News Items on your Home Page.
Custom Domain Sites
If your site is setup with a custom domain (URL), then if your members type in an incorrect page address after the domain, instead of getting an error (Oops) page they will be taken directly to the Home Page. This will help redirect your members to the right website even if they have an old bookmark or have been given a bad link by mistake.
What the heck is a Vanity URL? A vanity URL is a unique web address that is branded for marketing purposes. Vanity URLs are a type of custom URL that exist to help members remember and find a specific page of your website -- and will be easier to share. If you have the Premium Upgrade, you will be able to take advantage of this new capability.
How can you use a Vanity URL on your TeamSideline site? As an example, you can create a new URL using your existing custom domain to go directly to your store –www.myleaguesite.com/store and configure this so it will take you directly to the store page on your site. You can also use to make easy to remember URLs for flyers or communication emails. To set up a Vanity URL, go to Content > Configurations > Vanity Links, select your Domain, click on the Add Vanity URL button, add in the Vanity Name (ex. Store) and the Destination URL (ex: http://www.myleaguesite.com/store). Click on each link created to test them out. Email [email protected] if you are interested in learning more about the Premium upgrade.
Please note that the downtime period to enable these enhancements to be implemented will be from 10pm – midnight (Pacific) on Tuesday night, May 15th.
We thank you for using TeamSideline!
Direct: (916) 822-4800
Toll Free Support: (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1
TeamSideline is a team of IT professionals with many years of experience working on major web applications for fortune 500 companies. We bring the same experience and excellence to TeamSideline with a passion for customer service. TeamSideline provides web sites, scheduling, and registration services to customers throughout the US, from Maine to Florida, from Texas to California. Major customers include Park and Recreation Departments, and youth sports leagues including softball, baseball, soccer, and football.
TeamSideline prides itself on being a small company providing big company services. Your data is secure in a data center with 24/7 security. We do regular backups and maintain disaster recovery plans to keep your web site running - everything the big guys have.
TeamSideline partners with customers and provides new and enhanced features based on customer feedback on a regular basis. You'll never talk to someone who is in a remote call center or be relegated to email support. Instead, you'll get to know the TeamSideline team on a first name basis and know they are available when you need them.
As one of our customers said, "TeamSideline is the complete package - quality, price, and service.”
For more information:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1