For immediate release: October 6th, 2020
For more information contact:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1
October 7th Enhancements Notification
Important Information For TeamSideline Customers
TeamSideline will implement the next 2020 Release of enhancements this Wednesday night, October 7th. In addition to the items below, we have made many other improvements throughout TeamSideline thanks to customer feedback. If you have any feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Site App Updates
The Team Site App will show a notification on your phone when you are sent any email communication through TeamSideline. With this latest version of the App, you will also be able to tap and view the email communication. Plus you can view all your recent email communications within the app without ever having to go to your email inbox.
We are introducing the ability to add inventory levels for your Buy Items/Add-Ons. Go to Programs > Configurations > Buy Items/Add-Ons and click the edit icon. Click the Inventory tab and click the Enable Inventory button to get started. Email email@example.com if you want to learn more.
Facility Reservation Module
If you have our Facility Reservation module added to your site, we have a number of highly anticipated changes for you.
- A reservation for a facility can now be placed in a “Pending” status so that an admin can then go to a reservation and either approve or reject the reservation. If the reservation is in a “Pending” status, the facility still shows that it is available to the public on that date/time so that you can take more than one reservation and then accept and reject the reservations as appropriate. To enable this functionality, go to the Reservation tab for a Facility and update the Workflow Type to “Pending/Approval”. To approve or reject a reservation, go to the customer’s Reservations tab, click the edit icon for the reservation and update the Reservation Status accordingly. This action will mark the date/time as unavailable on the public site if you approve the reservation.
- You can now update your individual facilities with a GL Account code on the General tab.
- On the Master Calendar, you can now additionally view your reservations by Day, Week, Month, or Agenda (Agenda means a week’s worth of reservations are listed in a simple table layout).
- We have added the ability to upload multiple images for a facility so you can better showoff your different facility locations. Go to the Photos page of your facility and click the Select button to get started. You can drag and drop the images into the order you want them to be displayed. The first image will be the default image for the facility.
- Add-ons can be made a required purchase when the customer is reserving your facility. This is configured on the Checkout tab of any facility.
- Custom Pricing tiers can now be setup for employees/non employees and non-profit/for-profit etc. Go to Facility Reservation > Configurations > Pricing Tiers and click the Add Custom Category button to get started. Click here for more detailed instructions on how to set this up for your facilities.
- Pricing tiers for resident/non-resident are also available at Facility Reservation > Configurations > Pricing Tiers. Click the Add Pricing Tier button and select the Pricing Tier Type of Resident/Non-Resident as your first step.
- The Reservation Information report now includes the “Within Boundary” field that lets you know if the person making a reservation lives within the boundaries that are configured on your site.
If you are interested in learning more about the Facility Management Module, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Registration – Grade Validation
This new function has been a popular request for TeamSideline to add. Youth registration programs will now have the ability to restrict offerings by school grade levels. To get started adding this new option to your site, click on the link for an article with all the steps - https://support.teamsideline.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049113852. If you need any help getting started, please send an email to email@example.com.
Practice Schedule Display
On the Standings page of any division, you can now control if the practice schedule will display above or below the game schedule on both the public and admin pages. Go to the 1 Configuration > Display page for a division and update the Show Practice Section accordingly.
Scoring In Brackets
In the scheduling process, brackets have always updated instantaneously when you enter bracket scores. However the brackets will now also display the actual scores of games in the bracket next to the Team names.
New Home Page Site Template
We are releasing a Beta version of a new template you will be able to use for your Site home page. This new template was enabled by the new Content Site Builder we initially deployed in December 2019. The new template completely redesigns the look and feel of the current design into a more open design for Site owners who want to have a more “minimalist” look to the home page. If you are interested in learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Site Builder Enhancements
We have customized the Content Site Builder found on the Content > Page Edit page to be more specific to the needs of sport league management organizations. Go to Content > Page Edit and select different styles of templates from the right. You can scroll down on the Page Edit admin page to watch the first two videos in the Information Related To This Page > Explain section to see a demonstration of how the Content Site Builder works.
We’ve made a few upgrades and additions to our reporting based on your feedback.
- You now have the option to view your enrollees’ address boundary status in the Enrollment Information Report and the Roster Enrollment Report. Simply navigate to Report > Report Exports and select one of these two reports. Configure the report for your desired programs and move the “Within Boundary” field from the left column to the right in order to export this information in your pulled report. The column data will show as “In Bounds” or “Out of Bounds” based on your set boundaries and the address entered upon account creation. Note: This field will apply to all enrollments going forward. This field will appear as “N/A” for any past enrollments.
- There is a new Accounts Notes report under Reports > Report Exports. This report will create a list of all the notes that have been entered for your customers.
- The Store/Donation Detail report has been enhanced to report out either all purchases made through either storefront down to an individual item in one storefront.
Buy Items/Add-Ons in Customer Accounts
Admins will now have the ability to edit a buy item/add-on purchased by a customer. For instance, if a parent entered the incorrect size for a child’s jersey, this can now easily be updated by an admin. On the customer’s Account Overview page, select the spyglass icon next to the order where the Add-On was purchased, then select the pencil edit icon next to the Add-On to make your edits. Any updates made to Add-Ons will show on the admin page in italicized text on the order.
Customize the Contact Email Sent to Your Customers
To override the default text used when a customer fills out the Contact Us on your site, go to Communications > Configurations > Contact Us. Scroll down to the Custom Email Text section, click the Override checkbox, and fill in the Custom Text field. You can use the editor options to enhance the text as needed (ie. bold, different color, larger text size, etc).
Player Roster Assignment
In the Assign to Rosters process, you will have the option to highlight the gender of players and volunteers when assigning to rosters. Simply navigate to the 4 Rosters page in the Program. In the Highlight dropdown, select the checkbox next to the Gender field to show “M” or “F” next to enrollees to indicate their gender. If you need a refresher for this process, click here.
Your customers will now be able to update their credit card information by going to My Account > Memberships and clicking on the (change) link located under their credit card information. Admins can also make changes to Membership credit card information by going to the customer’s Account Overview page, click on the Memberships tab, then select Update Payment Method from the More Options dropdown. If you are interested in learning more about adding the Membership Module to your site, just email email@example.com.
Please note that the downtime period to enable these enhancements will be from 10:00pm – 1:00am (Pacific) on Wednesday night, October 7th.
We thank you for using TeamSideline!
Direct: (916) 822-4800
Toll Free Support: (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1
TeamSideline is a team of IT professionals with many years of experience working on major web applications for fortune 500 companies. We bring the same experience and excellence to TeamSideline with a passion for customer service. TeamSideline provides web sites, scheduling, and registration services to customers throughout the US, from Maine to Florida, from Texas to California. Major customers include Park and Recreation Departments, and youth sports leagues including softball, baseball, soccer, and football.
TeamSideline prides itself on being a small company providing big company services. Your data is secure in a data center with 24/7 security. We do regular backups and maintain disaster recovery plans to keep your web site running - everything the big guys have.
TeamSideline partners with customers and provides new and enhanced features based on customer feedback on a regular basis. You'll never talk to someone who is in a remote call center or be relegated to email support. Instead, you'll get to know the TeamSideline team on a first name basis and know they are available when you need them.
As one of our customers said, "TeamSideline is the complete package - quality, price, and service.”
For more information:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1