You may want to link text in a News Item to a custom page you created in your Site to draw attention to that Page. For example, you could create a "Register Here" page, and then create a News Item titled "REGISTRATION" with text in the News Item Description that says "Click Here To Register" with the text being linked to your REGISTRATION page. Here's how to do that:
1. Go to the Custom Page you have created.
2. Click the URL of the page in your Browser. The URL starts with http://
3. Copy the URL of the page.
4. Click the Admin Site Map link.
5. Click News Items under the Content Group.
6. Click the Edit icon for the News Item you want to edit.
7. Select the text you want to link to the Custom Page.
8. Click the Hyperlink Manager icon (Green world with a chain link)
9. Remove the http:// link in the Hyperlink Manager "URL" field using your keyboard backspace or delete button.
10. Paste the URL you copied into the Hyperlink Manager URL field, then click OK to close the Hyperlink Manager.
11. Click the Save button to save the News Item changes.
12. Click the Home link in the upper left of your Site so you can go to the News Item and test it. If the link does not work, repeat these steps and make sure you do steps 2, 3 and 9 since these are often missed.