If you need to refund a Customer with a Check or Cash, you will want to use the Manual Refund option to show on their account that a refund has been processed so that their account is balanced.
Note: The Manual - Refund option does not refund a check/cash electronically. You will still need to have someone in your Organization cut a check back to the customer.
How to do a Manual Refund:
- From the Admin Site Map, go to the Account Management > Search page.
- Input the appropriate search criteria and click the Search button.
- Click on the correct customer's name from the returned list to go to the Account Overview page.
- Click the Add Transaction button on the Account Overview page.
- Select Refund - Manual from the Transaction Type drop down.
- For Amount, Enter the desired Amount.
- For Check #, Enter the Check # if desired.
- For Comments, Enter Comment if desired
- Note: The Comment entered will be visible to the Customer via their Account.
- Click the Add button when finished.
- The account will now show the refund has been processed by check.
- Your Organization's Treasurer will then be able to cut a manual check to complete the Refund process.