You can easily link to any file you upload to your Downloads page, survey you publish, or webpage you have created.
There are two steps - below is an example for the Downloads page:
1. How To Add A File To Your Downloads Page
- From the Admin Site Map, click Content > Downloads
- Click the Add A File button and follow the 3 steps to add the file to your Downloads page.
2. How To Link To A File On Your Downloads Page
From the Content > Page Edit page Toolbar, or the Content > News Items add or edit Toolbar, or the Communications > Create Message page Toolbar, follow these steps:
- Type the text you want to link to the file
- Select the text (by highlighting the text with your mouse cursor)
- Click the "Links" drop down list in the upper Toolbar row on the right. Result: If you have uploaded one or more files to your Downloads page you will see "Downloads" with a Plus sign before the word "Downloads".
- Click the plus sign.
- Click the document you want to link to. Result: The File name is inserted into your page as a link to the document. You can also rename the link and keep the link to the document.
- If you are on the Page Edit or News Item page then click Save. If you are sending a Communication then click the Next button to go to the last page before sending the communication.
To update the Page Edit page:
- From the Page Edit page toolbar (or any other site page that has the same toolbar such as the Communications or News Items pages), follow these steps:
Click in the main body where you want your link to be.
Click the Links drop down list in the upper toolbar row on the right.
Result: If you have uploaded one or more files to your Downloads page you will see Downloads with a plus sign before the word Downloads.
Click the plus sign.
Click the document, survey, or webpage you want to link to.
Result: The file name, survey name, or webpage name is inserted into your page as a link.