Instead of editing the current division, it’s cleaner to create a new division with placeholders.
If you need to add a team after your schedule has already played a week, follow these steps:
- Create a new division with the same configurations.
- Note: Do not delete the old division yet.
- On the 2 Teams page, click the Add Placeholders button to add the number of teams in the Division.
- Add Time Slots.
- Create the new schedule.
- Note: There will be yellow warning messages because the old division still exists with the same time slots.
- Change the placeholder teams names to the names of the teams that actually played in week one.
- Tip: Since the old division has not been deleted, you can use the “Returning Contact” drop down to quickly find the coach name and retrieve the team name and contact information.
- At this point you should have week one completed to reflect the games already played and you should also have one game that involves the additional team.
- Change the week of the game involving the new team to a new week.
- Tip: You can click the Chevron icon on the right side of the game row, then click edit and change the week, day, time and location – then click the update button.
- At this point you should have your new schedule that includes your new team and the first week should reflect the games that actually happened.
- Update the scores of the games that have already been played on your new division.
- Delete the old division.
- Make the new division visible.