This article explains how to populate a Player Custom Field with data on your site if the Player Custom Field has not already been added.
1. As an Admin, create a Player Custom Field.
- Go to Administration > Configurations > Custom Fields.
- Click the Add Custom Field button.
- Type in the Field Name.
- Select Player as the Category.
- Select the Field Type.
- Type in the Side Description.
- If this field will be required, check the Is Required checkbox.
- Select the Public Access - if you don't want your parents to see this information, then select Hidden.
- Click the Save button.
2. To import the data into your TeamSideline website, you need to create an input file.
- Run an Account Information or Enrollment Information report so you can get the "Player ID - TeamSideline" for each player. You can find this report at Reports > Reports Exports.
- Click the checkbox next to Players or select Type=Player.
- Date Range = All Dates
- Note: You probably want to add the Player First Name and Player Last Name fields to this report to help you input the correct data. These two name fields can be removed before the next step. Move the fields from the left to the right.
- Set the Export Type = Excel/Tab Delimited.
- Click the Export button.
- This file is saved in the Downloads section of your PC.